Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Wildfire



I made this card for my BFF's granddaughter. She is this tiny little thing that is all eyes, hair down past her bottom and tons of attitude. She is currently taking riding lessons and is so excited about what she is learning. She looks like a little doll sitting on this huge horse. Her primary concern is letting the horse know 'she' is the boss. LOL! Anyway, I thought this would be the perfect birthday card for her. I chose some paper that looks like wood and used some burlap paper. It is paper that has burlap glued to it. I love the extra texture it adds. I found some chevron ribbon I found at the local Dollar store and added some tiny buttons from my stash. Happy Birthday Karisma I hope your day is special. 
I am entering this card at the following challenges:


My Song: Wildfire
She comes down from Yellow Mountain
On a dark, flat land she rides
On a pony she named Wildfire
With a whirlwind by her side
On a cold Nebraska night
Oh, they say she died one winter
When there came a killing frost
And the pony she named Wildfire
Busted down it's stall
In a blizzard he was lost
She ran callin' Wildfire


4 comments:

applejack cards by sue said...

A brilliant image choice, a lovely fun card. Thank you for sharing this with us over at Artistic Inspirations. Sue DT x

Heather said...

What a sweet little horsewoman! Great layout and I really like the addition of the burlap; such great texture. Thanks for playing with LTSCB.

CraftingMum said...

Lovely card thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations. Louise DT x

Anonymous said...

Just love the texture and design.Lovely colouring too on this wonderful card.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
Lisa x