Thursday, August 13, 2015

A Lovely Mermaid





 I just could not wait to color this image from Raul Guerra! Just click on his name and you will go to his etsy shop. I do love all of his work but this is one of my favorites. I am sure you will be seeing more of this lovely image around blog land. I colored her with Copics and tried to keep my card CAS.
Really this is CAS for me. LOL! I used my two favorite embellishments, lace and rhinestones. I love the delicate look of lace and the sparkle of rhinestones.  I hope you like this card and I also hope you will give Raul Guerra's
etsy shop a good look. I know you will love his work as I do! Have a great Friday and a fabulous week-end!
I am entering this card at the following challenges:

My Song: The Mermaid
'Twas Friday morn when we set sail,
And we had not got far from land,
When the Captain, he spied a lovely mermaid,
With a comb and a glass in her hand.
Oh the ocean waves may roll,
And the stormy winds may blow,
While we poor sailors go skipping aloft
And the land lubbers lay down below, below, below
And the land lubbers lay down below.

Then up spoke the Captain of our gallant ship,
And a jolly old Captain was he;
"I have a wife in Salem town,
But tonight a widow she will be."
Oh the ocean waves may roll,
And the stormy winds may blow,
While we poor sailors go skipping aloft
And the land lubbers lay down below, below, below
And the land lubbers lay down below.

15 comments:

Kathy S said...

Oh, I agree, I love this image. Something very deep about her expression - I think I'm going to have to buy that one. The coloring you've achieved is magnificent and it's perfect for The House That Stamps Built Sun, Sand and Surf Challenge. Thanks so much - we really appreciate your entry and hope to see you again soon.

Elaine Stark said...

A beautiful image and fabulous colouring. A great choice of embellishments. Thanks for joining AYLI. Elaine

Ann Marie Governale said...

Beautifully colored! Love his work and so glad he opened an etsy shop finally! Gorgeous and mermaids are my favorite!

Marilyn said...

I LOVE THIS! Yes, it's a shout... holy smokes, this is gorgeous. I have to go buy this image... now!

Lauren Colless said...

Such a gorgeous image and I love those lacy edges. Thanks for playing with us at Southern Girls for our shiny stuff challenge this week! Lauren DT x

shaz earl said...

Fabulous card! thank you for joining in the fun with us at Ruby's Rainbow, hope to see you again next time
Shaz DT

Heather said...

She looks so sad! :( It is beautiful image and your coloring is gorgeous!! Beautiful card all around. Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

AndreaNorris said...

So beautiful - I love mermaids thanks for sharing I'll get this one at some stage
Andrea x

Unknown said...

This is so beautiful your colouring is outstanding and fabulous card. Thank you for joining us at Crafting with An Attitude. Helen DT. Good luck x

Unknown said...

So stunning I've seen this on Facebook and love it. Fantastic colouring. Thank you for joining us at Crafting for All Seasons. Helen DT. Good luck x

Cheri said...

Wow! Your coloring is stunning on this image. This is such a perfect card for our challenge at The House That Stamps Built. Thank you for playing along with us.

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Utterly gorgeous image! Love the colouring and sweet card design. Thanks so much for joining in the fun with us at Southern Girls this challenge. Love what you did for it! Hugs, Wends x SGC DT

Unknown said...

What fantastic coloring! I love that little mermaid and the way you colored her is just amazing! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week!
Tina - DT

flossbite said...

Beautiful make, so pretty! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafting for all Seasons.
Hugs
Fiona DT xx

Taunya Butler said...

WOW - this is breathtakingly lovely - I am so glad that you joined us at 4 Crafty Chicks for the Nautical challenge - sure hope we see you in next week’s challenge as well!!
Taunya Butler
4 Crafty Chicks August Guest Designer
http://daisiesgirl.com