Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Dies and Punches




 
Did anyone else grow up in the late 50's/60's in a small town that had a soda shop? I did, it was called "The President". It had booths that had tiny jute boxes with the top 50's songs. You were served shakes and malts  in glasses that are exactly like this digi image. You were also given the metal mixing cup to keep filling up your shake up. I can remember feeling so grown up when I was finally allowed to walk there with a girlfriend by myself.  So I tried to color this wonderful Paper Shelter image with the memories I have of this place. 
Our challenge this time at THE PAPER SHELTER  is Dies and Punches. Show us your beautiful dies and punches. Remember if you use a Paper Shelter Image (and why wouldn't you?) you can win $30 to spend at their store! So hop on over to THE PAPER SHELTER grab your favorite image and play along. Be sure and check out my team mates lovely creations. You will be glad you did!
I colored my image with Copics. The DP is from my stash and has been hanging around for a year or two.  The die cut notes is also one I have had for bit and I have not used it nearly as often as I should. The paper lace is from CC Designs. I added some pretty rhinestones and liquid glass to finish off my card.
I am entering this card at the following challenges:
 

My Song: (Petula Clark)
When you're alone and life is making you lonely
You can always go, downtown
When you've got worries all the noise and the hurry
Seems to help I know, downtown
Just listen to the music of the traffic in the city
Linger on the sidewalk, where the neon signs are pretty
How can you lose? The lights are much brighter there
You can forget all your troubles, forget all your cares

10 comments:

Nannieflash said...

Beautiful card Patty, and it certainly has the feel of one of your cafe's I love your colour choice and your card design is stunning. hugs Shirleyxx

Gail said...

OMG...you used the most perfect papers with this image. Your coloring is awesome and the layout is great. That diecut of the music is wonderful! Hugs, Gail

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for Fan-tastic Tuesday challenge 97 - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Fan Tastic Tuesday, good luck!!! Amy DT

Mrs A. said...

What a super image and love how you have coloured her. We had coffee shops here which this reminds me of. Thankyou for sharing with us at Crafting From The Heart. Hugs Valeryanne. DT.

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Hi,

wauw, Gorgous card. Thanks for joining us at CCC and good luck.

hugs
Clauda
DT CCC

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

This image and coloring definitely have the 50's/60s style and doing it surely brought back lovely memories of your early days. I love your card Patty. Thank you so much for entering ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this time. Please join us again in the upcoming challenge soon. Happy creating :)
Hugs&Smiles,
Asmah
TTCRD DT
Qinaahana Arts and Crafts {My Blog}

Tanvi said...

Fantastic! Super coloring too! So glad you joined us at Craft Your Passion#273!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Oh my word, what a gorgeous card! I absolutely love all of the glossy accent touches.so cool looking! Thanks so much for taking the time to play along in our Creative Colors Challenge! Hugs, Sabrina (CCC DT)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for joining us this month at
Not Just Cards
One of our sponsors has set up a new challenge blog and we would be delighted to see you join us at Julia Spiri Challenge blog
Hugs Lori