Friday, August 28, 2015

"Thanks So Much"






I wanted to make a card to thank a friend for a gift of sheets and sheets of Mulberry paper. These sheets are huge four by three feet. There are two boxes of them in various colors. When I first saw this image from THE PAPER SHELTER  
I knew I would have to make this friend a card using it. The image is called Creative Memories Oval was used to cut the image out and the card stock framing it. I used some of the Mulberry paper and glued a square on it and then tore it around the oval. I used a Poppy die cut for thee corner boarders. Adding iridescent pearls for sparkle to the flowers. The little flowers around the image are a Poppy die also. Sassy Sentiments stamp was used for the sentiment on the front of my card. The inside of my card I used a Spellbinders die. The DP is the last of a fabric pad.
This is an auto post as I am away with family. My beloved aunt passed away and I have flown to Missouri  to attend her memorial service and spend some time with my uncle. If any of you know anything about M.S. you know the debilitating toll it can take on one's life. My aunt fought a good fight for many years but eventually she began to slide down hill. I shall miss her, but I know she is free of the chains that weighed her down. She now walks with the Lord.


My Song: Friends (Bette Midler)
And I am all alone
There is no one here beside me
And my problems have all gone
There is no one to deride me
But you got to have friends
The feeling's oh, so strong
You got to have friends
To make that day last long

2 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Ooh la la this is just fab with the pink and green.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Marilyn said...

Cute image and brilliant colouring. I love the highlights on her sweater and those little flowers are such a fabulous add.