Tuesday, August 18, 2015

"Back To School"



Things have been rather sad and hectic on the home front.  An Aunt who I was very close to passed away Monday morning. I will soon be heading to Missouri for the service and to spend some time with my uncle. Sunday my son tore his Achilles tendon completely away from the bone. He will have surgery today to re-attach it . He will be in a cam boot for 6-8 months. I am trying to get ready for my trip and babysitting the three grandsons. Life does not always go as planned, does it? Anyway, on to other things besides my woes. 
I know I am always telling you what a great deal it is to buy digi stamps from The Paper Shelter! This card is a perfect example of why you should do so! My background paper is from the digi stamp Back to School and the digi is Autumn Attitude I mixed the two and came up with this fabulous card. (I mean the layout not that I do fabulous work!) the blue tab is a print on the paper an I just added a button. Don't you think it has so much depth? I punched the leaves out with a $ store punch that I bought years ago!  I popped them and the Autumn Attitude image with foam tape! A pretty bow and bingo sentiments finished off my card! Won't you join us this time at The Paper Shelter for our "Back To School" challenge? Maybe you can mix it up with background paper and images. I can't wait to see what you come up with!
I am entering this card at the following challenges:

My Song: (Gary Lewis and the Playboys)
Walk along the lake with someone new
Have yourself a summer fling or two
But remember I'm in love with you
And Save your heart for me
When the summer moon is on the rise
And you're dancin' under starlit sky
Please don't let the star gets in your eyes
Just Save your heart for me

13 comments:

Gail said...

This is absolutely beautiful. Your coloring is truly outstanding, and mixing the digital paper and digital image was a great idea...they look like they were meant to be together! I love how you added a button on the printed tab of the paper. It's wonderful! This is truly a fabulous card.

I'm so sorry to hear about your Aunt...and then your son's injury. I had the same surgery a couple of years ago and it is a very slow healing process. I wish him the best. Sorry that you are headed to Missouri for such a sad occasion. You're in my prayers.

Hugs,
Gail

Nannieflash said...

Hi Patty, I hope the surgery went well with your son and hes now ready to cope with the special boot, no doubt hes in a lot of pain at the moment, and of course Grandma had to come to the rescue of the boys, you wouldnt have it any other way.
Sorry to hear about your Aunt and as I said we will manage with the commenting, have a safe journey and a special time with your Uncle.
A really stunning card Patty youve coloured this image so beautifully the contrasts are spectacular, and the papers and card design are fabulous. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Sandy Trefger said...

So sorry about your aunt. I love your brightly colored image! Thank you for sharing with us at Cards in Envy!

Vicki said...

Beautiful card and coloring on your image. Sorry for your loss and hoping your son heals quickly. Thanks for joining the Craft-Dee BowZ August Challenge, "Anything goes and include a handmade bow".

ValByDesign, Valerie said...

WOWSERS - your coloring is OUTSTANDING! Amazing job! Thank you for joining us over at MarkerPOP! for our Back to School Challenge!

Sally Dodger said...

A fabulous card Patty Sue. Your image is stunning, perfectly coloured and cut out. I love the pink glittery ribbon and the tags and button are lovely embellishments. I hope things get better for you and your family soon. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and more. Sally.x.

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Love to Scrap, good luck!!! Amy DT

crafty said...

Beautifully coloured image and a stunning card. Prayers and thoughts go with you and your family at this time. Thanks for sharing your lovely creation with us at Crafty Cardmakers and More. Mary

Rebecca said...

Lovely coloured image. Hope things improve on the home front soon. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More for our warm Summer colours challenge.

Bec

Donna Nuce said...

Beautiful card! I love the popped up Autumn leaves and the cute bingo cards to accent your image! My sympathies on the loss of your Aunt. Thank you for joining us at Cards in Envy!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card!!!! Thanks!!!!
Cristina - DT for Love to Scrap

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope things are looking up for you and that your son is recovering well. As for your card you really do fabulous work. Your image is very pretty and the layout is fantastic. Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap.

Helen said...

So sorry to hear your news.

Love your card - very cute,

Thanks for joining us at the Cutie Pie Challenge.

Helen x