Saturday, August 22, 2015

"Three Coins In A Fountain"




Does anyone remember the old movie "Three Coins In A Fountain"? This image from The Paper Shelter called The Lady and The Fountain made me think of that movie. I worked hard on coloring the fountain to make it look like marble. I am not sure I accomplished that but I gave it a valiant effort. I added some liquid pearls just to draw your eyes to the image. I really like the green and yellow combination. I added some pretty flowers from WOC and hand punched leaves, a pretty sheer green ribbon and bow to finish off this fun card. 
I am entering this card at the following challenges:

My Song: Three Coins in a Fountain (Frank Sinatra)
Three coins in the fountain
Each one seeking happiness
Thrown by three hopeful lovers
Which one will the fountain bless?
Three hearts in a fountain
Each heart longing for its home
There they lie in the fountain
Somewhere in the heart of Rome
Which one will the fountain bless?


 

7 comments:

craftieodmae said...

A gorgeous work of art....

Maria V said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining our last challenge at Sister Card! Maria

brenda said...

A beautifully designed card and lovely striking colours Patty.

Many thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week.

B x

cass said...

Gorgeous! love the use of yellow. Thanks for joining us at Digitally Sweet for our "August - Celebrations" Challenge

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Yep! I remember the film! this is lovely, beautiful colouring. Thank you for joining us at Digitally Sweet!

Wendy Fraser said...

Fabulous card, your colouring is amazing, thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge xx

Kuni said...

Wonderful card.
Thank you for joining ua st the stempelsonnen challenge.
Hugs
Kuni