Saturday, March 2, 2013

Wood Fairy





Have you ever started off a day and known it was going to be one of 'those' days? That is what happened to me today. First I will tell you about yesterday. Not only did I have to work, I also had to help with a funeral dinner at our church. It was a long....long....long....day. I was bone weary when I got home. I  intended to relax a bit, I grabbed my lap top and posted some cards that I intended to be for  DT challenges coming up in the future. This card being one. Imagine my surprise when I open my lap top and found this card  had posted already not on the scheduled date' I was positive I had entered! (I did not enter the correct date...my bad.) Since it was fairly early in the morning, I decided to delete the post....thinking no one would have seen it yet. (OK, I am still tired this morning!) I quickly deleted it .....and then, I looked at my comments.....all very lovely and all for this card! So, I am going to hop over and delete my DT entry and do something else for it. LOL! It will be a great excuse to play today and not work around the house! 
This is the latest new image from The Paper Shelter called 'Make A Wish'. Isn't she lovely? She is such a fun color that I know I will be using her in more of my future cards! I wanted this card to have a soft look and to also look like you had just stumbled onto this beauty in the woods. I used my lovely Spellbinders dies, Memory Box dies, Cherry Lynn dies, and CC dies to embellish my white on white card. I colored the image with Copics and added a bit of Spica pen to the wings for a bit of glitter. I embossed the inside panels with SU embossing folders. So there you have it a surprise card posting. Hop on over to The Paper Shelter  and check out all of the lovely images and then post a 'surprise' on your blog! Leave a comment on this posting and I will send you a "prize". I haven't put it together yet but I will. I will give you all until the end of March to do this. The only rule is you must be a follower of my blog to win. Attention everyone who already commented ....I did post your comments (after I deleted the first post) I have no idea where they went so please post a comment again! SORRY!
(I am going to search and find a challenge or two to enter this card in!)
My Song: Peace In the Valley For Me (seemed perfect for today)
Oh well I'm tired and so weary but I must go along
Till my Lord comes and calls me calls me away oh yes
Oh well the morning's so bright and the lamb is the light
And the night is as black as the sea oh yes
There will be peace peace in the valley for me some day
There will be peace in the valley for me oh Lord I pray
There'll be no sadness, no sorrow, no troubles I'll see
There will be peace peace in the valley for me


6 comments:

Janie Printz said...

Love how you've colored this wonderful fairy Patty. It's got such a "woodsy" feel to it in those soft earth tones. I always like how your cheeks blend in when you color your faces ..
Looks so natural. Hugs, Janie

Ellibelle said...

It's a gorgeous card Patty. Love your coloring and the embossing looks fabulous. Sorry you had such a hard day yesterday! Hope your weekend is going to be nice and relaxing!

Shelby Goolsby said...

This is just beautiful!!I love the white gorgeous dies and your soft coloring. So sorry about your posting problems. I got two hours of sleep Thursday and was doing the craziest things all day yesterday, funny how lack of sleep can get to you.

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

So love them and curious about the awesome dies you used. This is a gorgeous monochromatic brown you used. Very romantic

Glenda said...

I caught your first post very early this morning and I just wanted to sit and look at it for a long time. Such wonderful soft colors and as always colored to perfection. All the embossing and die work just put this piece over the top. A true work of art! Hope your day is going a little better and that you have had time to play!

Amanda R said...

Oh Patty, I think this is one of the loveliest cards I have ever seen. You can just set it aside for my birthday and I would be tickled pink!