Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The Most Adorable Cavalier....and a new challenge!



the inside
 a side view of the layers
a close up

one more view 

Good morning all my friends in blog land. It is time for a new challenge at The Paper Shelter. I know you will all love this one it is "Any Thing Goes"! Those are always the best as you can let your creative juices flow while using one of the lovely Paper Shelter image. I decided to do a bit of 'fussy cutting"....and it turned into a LOT of fussy cutting. Normally I don't leave a white edge, but I felt it helped pop the flowers. This sweet , lovable image is called "The Most Adorable Cavalier". She is so cute you just want to hug her. I also used the "Vintage Floral Frame". It is so lovely and really adds to an image when you frame it. My paper is from an old, old, DCWV paper pack . I colored my image with Copics and Twin Markers. After printing two Vintage Floral Frames, and coloring both I cut the flowers of one out and popped it on top of it's twin. It made the framed picture pop even more. My sentiment is an old yard sale stamp. It looks a bit rough, but it is one of my favorite. I framed it with a Spellbinders die. A sheer pink ribbon finishes off my fun card. I hope you will play along with us this time, you could win a lovely generous prize from The Paper Shelter. Take time to hop to each of the DT's entries they are beautiful and show the diversity of the images at The Paper Shelter. http://www.thepapershelter.com
I am entering this card in the following challenges:
My Song: (One my DH's uncle Bud always sang)
When I was a lad
And old Shep was a pup
Over hills and meadows we'd stray
Just a boy and his dog
We were both full of fun
We grew up together that way

10 comments:

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

This is just adorable, reminds me of Lady in Lady and the Tramp. I love how you used the floral frame too! Hugs Susan x

Nannieflash said...

Hi Patty, wow what a beautiful card I love your design the cut out flowers really look fabulous around your image, and the whole card design is just stunning. hugs Shirleyxxxx

Glenda said...

I have to tell you how gorgeous I think this is. It just speaks to me!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

OMGosh....look at this beautiful card and that adorable face on that puppy...also gorgeous coloring!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

OMGosh....look at this beautiful card and that adorable face on that puppy...also gorgeous coloring!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

OMGosh....look at this beautiful card and that adorable face on that puppy...also gorgeous coloring!

Dianne said...

WOW this card is GORGEOUSSSSS inside and out, that is the cutes dog, reminds me of Lady and the Tramp, she had the most beautiful eyes, just like these. All that fussy cutting, not my thing:):).. Hope you and your family have a fun, loving weekend. thanks for sharing this beautiful creation...

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Patty Sue! Your card is wonderfully colored and shaded, but I especially like the frame and fussy cutting around the focal point! So pretty. The DPs in the background really make your card extra special! hugs, de

Susan said...

Brilliant card and thanks for joining us at Ladybugcraftsink this fortnight and good luck..... Xxx

Amanda R said...

This is stunning Patty! Your layering of the flowers is wonderful although I am sure I would be cross eyed if I tried it. Beautiful card, I love it.