Sunday, March 17, 2013

A Baby Shower Gift!

The Card

the jute ribbon

A close up of my cute image


 a name frame
 a closer look at the detetails


 Happy Sunday! I hope you are having a glorious day. I had such a busy Saturday, that I am looking forward to a nap and a quiet afternoon once church gets out. Our church participated in I Heart Treasure Valley. We went out in our community and joined with other churches doing work projects  in our community. After that I had to rush (really rush) to get to a baby shower and then I left the baby shower and went directly to hear Nick Vujicic speak. If you have never heard him, I urge you to google him and watch his videos on you tube. He is amazing. Needless to say, I am exhausted this morning. 
On to my projects! This is the card I made for the baby shower. The stamp was a gift from a sweet friend from across the pond, Shirley. It is my go to stamp for baby. The new mom to be chose blue and green for the baby's room. So I tried to stick with the colors for my name frame and the card. (Although I went more pastel when making the card.) The DP is from an older pad that has long since lost it's cover, so I have no idea who made it, but it has some yummy paper in it. I used one of my new Spellbinders dies to frame the image. The pretty jute ribbon is from SU and I am getting more of this as I am totally in love with it.  
The name frame paper is from SU and some I bought at Craft Warehouse. I used my Cricut to cut out the letters and then added bits and bobbles from my stash. The new mom to be seemed to be pleased with it. I hope you have enjoyed seeing this fun project..
I am entering this card at the following challenges: 


8 comments:

Becky said...

What an adorable card, great coloring and love the framed craft.

Amanda R said...

Patty, your card is lovely but that frame just blows me away! I bet the mother was more then "pleased" with it, she should be doing the happy dance!

Glenda said...

How very creative! I'm sure the mother to be was so impressed and loves the gift. Well done!

Planetsusie said...

Hi Patty - this card is so sweet! I love this image and you have coloured it so beautifully. Brilliant choice of papers and the jute ribbon just finishes it off nicely.

Thank you so much for joining us at Lady Anne's Challenges this time, we hope to see more of your creations very soon.

Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

DT Member - Lady Anne's Challenges

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Both are quite beautiful Patty. The elephant is sooo sweet and love the muted colors you chose.....that was a nice gift from your friend. The word frame is going to be so enjoyed by the little fellow as he grows up. While baby themes are nice...which I might do, this is going to go with him threw out his life as a young man to an older man....I think it is great!!!!

Dianne said...

Oh Patty this is awesome sweet card, now the name frame is gorgeous,what a perfect gift, thanks for sharing your creation, and have a great day..

Sandy Trefger said...

Adorable! Love that cute little elephant on the green grass! Thanks for sharing this with my Shades of Green March Challenge at Sandy's Crafty Creations!
~sandy
visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

Janie Printz said...

For some reason my comments don't show up so I'm trying again ... This is wonderful Patty. Love the card but the name frame is amazing !!!
Janie