Wednesday, March 2, 2011

"Just For You"

I have been hoarding this piece of paper for about three years. I just love it. I think because it makes me think of my grandmother. She lived in Missouri and it was such an adventure for my brothers and I to go visit them. I finally broke down and used it today. Now, I will probably hoard this card. LOL! I colored this cute little h'Angler image with copics. I cute her out with my Lifestyle circle dies and then framed her with a Nestability. I used left over pieces of the solid blue paper to frame the sentiment and cut out the MS butterfly. I added some blue ribbon, and cream lace and half pearls to finish off my card.  I am entering this card at the following challenges:

6 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

I can see why you hoarded that paper.... wowza it's awesome! Darling card GF!

Glenda said...

If I were you, I would frame this one! Just beautiful and that Paper is awesome! A framed tribute to your grandmother would be the nicest thing to hang on your wall!

Nannieflash said...

Hi Patty, that is gorgeous and I can see why you love the paper its beautiful, a vintage look to it which the older generation loved. Love the card design and your beautiful colouring. with hugs Shirleyx

Mina said...

oh Im so honoured you used that beautiful hoarded paper for my sketch Paytty...your card is beautifully made and your cute little hAnglar girl is so perfectly coloured...thanks for joining in with the Just Magnolia & hAnglar challenge
Mina xxx

Elaine said...

I must say Patty, I would've hoarded that paper too, just my sort of style and colours.
Love this card Patty. Sweet image, perfect colouring, and beautiful embellies.

Love & hugs

Marlene said...

I can see why you've been hoarding this paper - it's gorgeous. Speaking of gorgeous, this card is that, too! Beautifully done.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Always appreciated!