Friday, October 8, 2010

"Snow Day!"

Do you remember how much fun the first day of snow was? Because we often get snow where I live it is rare to have the schools close because of snow. But there was one winter way back when and it was a day of fun. I am sure my mom was tired of my two brothers and I whining about going outside and so bundled up out we went to build snowmen, snow forts, snowball fights and of course catching snowflakes with our tongues.  I have two grandsons that we had a wonderful snow day with last year. Well, back to my card...I have been wanting to do a white on white for the longest time. I think they are so pretty. The digi image if by Ingar Harding and was a freebie! I love it and there is also a cute little girl that goes with this! Thank you Ingar I loved using this digi! I colored the image with Copics and framed it with a Nestability. I used my silver Spica pen and added glitter to the snowflakes. I then added a half pearl to the center of each snowflake. The sentiment is from SU and I added two snowflake buttons which I sprinkled a wee bit of silver glitter from Martha Stewart on.  I embossed the white card stock with a Cuttlebug snowflake folder.
I am entering this card at the following challenges:
http://www.craftyannschallengeblog.blogspot.com/
http://bah-humbug-christmas.blogspot.com/2010/10/challenge-39

9 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

Just when I think you've come up with the cutest card you could make... you out do yourself! Super dooper cute card!

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

It's adorable!

starcyl said...

This is superb, I love white cards and this one is such fun.

Jenny x

Ann Whitfield said...

Stunning card Patty - white on white is just so elegant and perfect for Christams! Love the image and the rosy cheeks you've given him too. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Ann's and I hope we'll see you next time too.
Ann x

Max said...

Very cute - love his rosy cheeks! Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! HUmbug!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

KraftyKoolKat said...

Fabulous cute card and really gorgeous layout. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Ann's this time and hope to see you again.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Pink Dandelion said...

Aww this image is adorable and you have coloured it perfectly. Debs xx

Amanda R said...

I love this card! Those colors pop so nicely against the white and the white just looks so clean and elegant. Your coloring on this image is wonderful!

Irene said...

Hello Patty

I love white on white cards and yours is gorgeous and so elegant. Fantastic cuttling !!! and a wonderful image perfectly coloured.

Thank you so much for joining in our latest challange

irene
Bah!Humbug!