Wednesday, October 6, 2010

"Give Thanks!"

I once again wish I had a better camera. This card is so much prettier than the picture. The image is from Rick St. Dennis and your can find it here http://www.etsy.com/shop/rick1949?ref=seller_info I have several people that I wanted to make a "Thanksgiving" card for. Thanksgiving always seems to be a forgotten holiday with the rush of Christmas. My paper is all scrap pieces, but I do love the autumn colors. The sketch is from "Midnight Madness Challenge". I embossed my gold pieces with a Cuttlebug embossing folder. I found in a dollar bin some metallic water  color. I used this and my finger tip to add a little copper color to the top of the embossing folder. I used a SU punch to punch out the sentiment which comes with the digi sheet. I used a Nestability to frame the image and add some dew drops to the frame. I added some felt acorns and a sheer golden brown ribbon to finish off this card.  I am entering this card at:



7 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

This one is way over the top awesome! Love the little Indian image! Your colors are perfect fall colors!

jennik said...

beautiful card!

Valerie said...

Cute card! I just lvoe the image you used. I don't have anything like this so will have to get one. Just adorable!

Benzi said...

What a wonderful Fall/Thanksgiving card! Love your felt acorns. Such a pretty card. So glad you joined the Stampin B's this week.

Benzi said...

What a wonderful Fall/Thanksgiving card! I love your felt acorns. Very pretty! So glad you joined the Stampin B's this week.

marsha said...

What fabulous image and I love your coloring! The acorns are just the perfect embellishment to compliment these rich fall colors. Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge, I hope you will come back and play along with us again next week!
Hugs,
Marsha
MMDT-GD

Holly Moore said...

Awe, I love this Thanksgiving card Patty. That image is so cute! I love the acorns you added to the card. Perfect with that organza ribbon. Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week.

Yours,
Holly R. Moore
MMDT - GD