Wednesday, October 13, 2010

"Grateful"


I live in a beautiful valley that is known as "The Valley of Plenty". It truly is the valley of plenty. We are known for our beautiful orchards, but the truth is they have given way to subdivisions. (But, that is another story!) As a teenager I worked in the orchards thinning apples and picking them to earn money. So, I fell in love with this little Tilda. I used my Creative Memories circle cutter to frame her with the warm golden fall colors. I added panels of scrap paper that have the yummiest fall leaves. My flowers I found at the local Dollar store and just pulled the center out, added a brad and glued on my card. i thought the colors were perfect for this card. I used my Nesties to cut the frame for my SU sentiment. The inside of the card sentiment is from Our Daily Bread. This is the first set I every bought from ODB and it is still one of my favorite. Like the card says, "I am grateful for being so abundantly blessed in my life"! Blessings to each of you! I am entering this card at the following challenges:

http://craftycatzweeklychallenge.blogspot.com/
http://letsinkitup.blogspot.com/

11 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is just darling! Love the fall colors! I live in a valley too.... how weird is that? Our valley is know for it's silver, hence it's called the Silver Valley!

HappyCrafter said...

It is very sad when the subdivisions take away our food sources. This is a lovely card celebrating the apple harvest, and I like how you used flowers from the dollar store and modified them for use on a card, I may try this out!

Glenda said...

Hello Patty, This card is adorable! I actually just received this stamp but I haven't inked her up yet! You did such a nice job with your coloring! Love those dollar store flowers! I'm constantly on the look out for a bargain!

Unknown said...

Great to see you again, I love your Tilda card, the colours are gorgeous and so it Tilda. Thanks for sharing with us at LIIU, good luck. Cheers Suzanne

Lindsey said...

What a lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week x

Suzie said...

A beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week. Suzie x

Claire said...

Gorgeous card Patty, your colouring is beautiful and I love that bp
Thanks for joining us at LIIU and good luck!!
Claire xx

carol said...

wonderful tilda card, thanks for joining us at craftcatz this week, x carol

Elaine said...

Beautiful card Patty. I do love Fall colours, and I enjoyed reading your little story about picking apples in the orchards.
The flowers are perfect for the image and papers.
Love the sentiment too, you always seem to pick such beautiful words.

Take care
Love Elaine xx

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Hi patty,I love your image,and your paper!!!! Hugs Chris

Kendra said...

Beautiful card! What lovely fall colors! Thanks for playing at Let's Ink It Up!