Saturday, March 21, 2015

Thinking of You


Today is my mom's birthday. She passed away thirteen years ago. I still miss her and wish we had one more day together. So this card fit the mood today. Life passes so quickly and in a blink of an eye your world can change. Enjoy your time with loved ones and never miss an opportunity to let them know how much you care. This card and a meal is going out to a young couple who recently had a miscarriage. I wanted to let them know that we cared. I found the lovely paper in my stash and must have overlooked it for years. I thought it was so pretty! I made a little pocket to tuck my personal note in.
I am entering this card at the following challenges:


My Song: James Taylor
When you're down and troubled and you need a helping hand
and nothing, whoa, nothing is going right.
Close your eyes and think of me and soon I will be there
 to brighten up even your darkest nights.
You just call out my name, and you know where ever I am
I'll come running to see you again.
Winter, spring, summer, or fall, all you have to do is call
 and I'll be there, yeah, yeah,
you've got a friend.

3 comments:

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

A lovely, sweet card even though the circumstances are sad. The paper is so so pretty and sweet also. I lost my mom 21 years ago and miss her. Her wonderful spirit keeps me company on my trips and through tough days. What you did for the young couple is so thoughtful!

WJ said...

I love this card! You do such wonderful work! Miss you.

crafty-stamper said...

A beautiful card for a sad occassion love the poignant image and pretty paper -I am sure they will appreciate the gesture--Thank you for joining us in our very first challenge at Crafting With an Attitude
Carol DT x