Saturday, March 28, 2015

Dream A Little Dream

A closer look!
 A look at the lace and flowers!
 A closer look at the lace and rhinestones!
 One more look at my card!
This image always makes me think of prom dresses. I was listening to some of the girls at church talk about 'prom' and realized that we often forget that it can be a painful experience for many. Those who never get asked, those who get asked as a joke, those who can't afford a dress, those who get stood up. It made me remember some of those painful feelings growing up. I hope you will pray for the young people you know especially the teens. It can be a painful time full of pitfalls as they step forward into adulthood. 
Now, onto my card....this is a SC image. I added Stickles to make the dress sparkle. With a little gel pen on the top for the dots on the dress. The lace on the the card if stickers from the Dollar store. I colored them with my Copics pen and added rhinestones to the bottom lace. A few flowers from WOC were the only details I added to this card. I am going to add a scripture to the inside of the card and send it with a note of encouragement to a special teen in our church. 
I am entering this card at the following challenges:

My Song: Mamma's and The Papa's
                                                         Stars shining bright above you
                                                Night breezes seem to whisper, I love you
                                                       Birds singing in the sycamore tree
                                                            Dream a little dream of me

5 comments:

Becky said...

What a gorgeous image and yes it does remind me of prom.. Beautiful design paper too.

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Patty this is beautiful, the image, die cuts and papers look stunning I so love this creation. I love how you always put song verses at the end of your posts, the one you have today is from my era so I could sing it, lol.
hugs
lorraine x

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

I immediately thought of a prom dress too. Yes, I almost wish they didn't have a prom or maybe a dance and no one can have a date. Maybe it was because I was an ugly duckling and quiet. When I saw your beautiful card and the lovely image my dream was to be able to look like her....short cute hair, big eyes and an hour glass figure. Ok...I had the hour glass figure but no boobs to go with it...haha. Yup, the boys have it bad too and now the girls demand these outlandish invitations .

Marilyn said...

Gorgeous! Love the red hair and green dress. All the sparkle is so pretty too.

Anja v K@@rten said...

oh she is very pretty and beautiful! You made a wonderfull creation!
Creatieve groetjes, Anja