Thursday, October 27, 2011

Praying for You



I made this card for a special friend of mine. She has been on dialysis for over a year. She had to have a surgery yesterday that was very serious. I am happy to report she came through with flying colors. I took the card to the hospital for a visit and she loved it. Isn't it funny how the smallest things can brighten someones day? There is nothing special or different about this card. But I did have fun coloring it. I also stamped the leaves and cut them out for an edging on my envelope.
My Song: "Home Where I  Belong" (BJ Thomas)
They say that heavens pretty, and living here is too.
But if they said that I would have to choose between the two.
I'd go home, going home, where I belong.
While I'm here I'll serve him gladly, and sing him all my songs.
I'm here,but not for long.
And when I'm feeling lonely, and when I'm feeling blue.
It's such a joy to know that I am only passing through.
I'm headed home, going home, where I belong.
I hope your day was filled with blessings!

4 comments:

Amanda R said...

This is an adorable image and I really like all the leaf accents. Your friend is lucky to have you!

Stamps and Paper said...

A really sweet card and I am sure your friend will love it....

Anne

The Other Patti Sue said...

I just love BJ Thomas! Super sweet card and I'm sure your friend will cherish it!

Linda said...

Beautiful, just beautiful!! Im sure your friend loved this card..Hope shes up and about soon.. Hugs, Linda