Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Anything But A Card-Promise!

Warning......lots of pictures

 Another view....
 And another.....
 The box I altered.
 before and after
A close up of the lovely image!
Those of you that know me well know that I do not like to alter things. It is just so hard for me to make something look fabulous. I see all the wonderful creations around blog land and wonder why I can't do that. But when I try the project never looks right to me. (I shudder at the thought of having to do an explosion box.) LOL! Anyway, sometimes we are "FORCED" to step out of our comfort zone. So, I am expecting those of you who have the same affliction that I have to give our challenge at "The Paper Shelter" a try! I have several boxes like this that I purchased from Oriental Trading. I made this box into a little Post It Note holder with a tiny calendar attached. I plan on giving it to a friend and hope she will enjoy it.  I look forward to seeing your lovely creations! 
I am entering this  box at the following challenges:
My Song:  I Am A Promise
I am a promise
I am a possibility
I am a promise with a capital "P"
I am a great big bundle of potentiality
And I am learnin' to hear God's voice
And I am tryin' to make the right choice
I am a promise to be anything God wants me to be.
I can go anywhere that He wants me to go
I can be anything He wants me to be
I can climb the high mountains
I can cross the wide sea
I'm a great big promise you see!

7 comments:

Nannieflash said...

I have a feeling we all went through that Patty when we read the theme, but wow youve come upto scratch with this stunning box, you have done a beautiful job on the image is brilliantly coloured to. hugs Shirleyxxxx

Janie Printz said...

Patty this little altered box is adorable. You did a GREAT job turning it from plain to FABULOUS!!!Your friend will love it ...
Big hugs, Janie

Glenda said...

Sorry to be so late to the party. Love this idea...for someone who doesn't alter, you did a bang up job. I think it is all in your head...this is just lovely!

Becky said...

wow, this is fabulous! How creative.

Gail said...

Patty Sue, this is just too cute. I adore this image...somehow I've missed it while looking through the site! I love your coloring and those bubbles are so darn great. This little box and decorated lid are precious to have on a dresser and drop pretty little things in it that you want to keep separate from the rest of what's stacked on the dresser. :) I love your project! Hugs, Gail

Anna said...

This is just stunning!! Great combo of papers and image.
I thing you will do a fab job on an exploding box, cant wait to see you do one ;)
Hugs Anna

Unknown said...

Oh gosh this is adorable Patty! So sweet and beautifully altered! Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog, take care, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner