Monday, April 1, 2013

The Red, White, and Blue!


My sweet grandsons have returned home and so I have spent today trying to recover from the 'spring cold' they left behind. I think recovery should include playing in my craft room a bit, don't you? I have to return to work tomorrow so this may be my only time to play. I wanted to do a 'spring/Easter' type card as there are so many challenges out there and then I went a bit astray with the red, white and blue theme! LOL! Do you every do that?  Anyway I will still try for the spring challenges. All of the paper came from my scrap basket, I added some pretty little tulle flowers. some rhinestones and die cut leaves. Just a fun card to chase the 'cold' away! 
I am entering this card in the following challenge:

My Song: Brad Pasley (It's Country Music)
You're not supposed to say
The word cancer in a song
And tellin' folks Jesus is the answer
Can rub 'em wrong
It ain't hip to sing about tractors, trucks
Little towns and mama
Yeah that might be true
But this is country music and we do

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

A beautiful card and image. Thank you for joining us at Artistic Inspirations. Abbie (Owner) xx

Dianne said...

Gheesh I love the way you colors it's awesome,I think your kraft room should be include any time LOL.. I just started a project today and ended up using a totally different color, weird how that happens isn't it :) Look how fabulous it turned out just using your scraps, thanks again..

CuteNCrafty Mommy said...

Super cute:)
Beautiful card. I love all the colors and embellishments and everything:)
Tabitha's Designs Blog
Low priced fun Digi Papers:)

debbi taylor said...

I love this! great shading
so much to look at - saw you from MIM
TFS
hugs
Debbi x

Flutterby Trina said...

Thanks for joining us at Creative Creations Challenges with our 'easter/spring' challenge - remember you can enter up to three times! Good Luck and hope to see you again soon :) x

Elena V. said...

It's so cute! Saw it on MIM.

Anonymous said...

So pretty, I love the bright colours
Hugs Julie P

lalkygirl said...

What a fab card ,love the design and the red white blue combo is just gorgeous
Thanks for joining us at MIM and good luck
Tracey x

:: BlueInks :: said...

Such a sweet card. I love me some Magnolias! Your layout features the image perfectly.

Your card caught my eye on MIM. Thanks, for sharing!

Emily Thubbron said...

I saw your card on MIM and just had to tell you what a wonderful job you did. It's gorgeous.

Amanda R said...

I think the little chick is perfect for spring and those red flowers are so sweet, very cute!

Elaine said...

Fabulous red/white and blue colour combo! But the image..well I said I wouldn't buy this one since I don't generally make Easter cards, but now I've seen her again I think I might be tempted, she is terribly sweet!

Hope by now you are on the road to recovery.

Big hugs
Elaine xxx