Saturday, April 6, 2013

In Memory of Teri Spoor



Yesterday, the world lost a truly sweet spirit. My husband's uncle's, wife left her life here to go home to the Lord. Since I have been thinking of Uncle Mike and Teri this morning. I wanted to make a card that would honor her. She came to America as a war bride. I can only image how scary it must have been for her. She left everything, and everybody near and dear to her, to follow a new husband to a new country. A country that had just ended a war with her country. A country that had little regard or kindness for anyone who was Japanese. She spoke little or no English and other than a busy husband she was completely alone. Her new family was probably less than accepting of her. Can you imagine what it must have been like for her?  Her love for Uncle Mike must have been great for her to be able to do all of this. I met her many years later. By this time they had a beautiful, well kept home, an adopted daughter and Teri had many years under her belt as an American. She was always so sweet and kind to me and my husband. You could never be made to feel more welcome than you were at Uncle Mikes. Once on a visit to Idaho she and I went shopping. She was very frugal, but I do remember us giggling and laughing on our shopping trip. She was a Christian and her kindness to others reflected her love of the Lord. Our hearts are heavy with the loss of this sweet lady and both my husband and I wish we could be with Uncle Mike to comfort him. Teri is free from the physical ailments that racked her body with problems this last year, but we shall all miss her and always be thankful that we had the privilege of  knowing her. Uncle Mike, Bobbie and Tara, know that we love you and share in your loss. Our blessings to you. 
My Song: Peace In The Valley
Oh well, I'm tired and so weary
But I must go alone
Till the lord comes and calls, calls me away, oh yes
Well the morning's so bright
And the lamp is alight
And the night, night is as black as the sea, oh yes
There will be peace in the valley for me, some day
There will be peace in the valley for me, oh Lord I pray
There'll be no sadness, no sorrow
No trouble, trouble I see
There will be peace in the valley for me, for me

5 comments:

CuteNCrafty Mommy said...

Beautiful project. I love all the colors and everything:)You are so talented:) Following on Boglovin
Tabitha's Designs Blog
Low priced fun Digi Papers:)

Glenda said...

I love this and am so sorry for your loss! This tribute is a very special one and I'm sure your Uncle Mike knows you are thinking of him.

Amanda R said...

So sorry for you loss Patty, she sounds like a wonderful person. I am sure she would have loved this card and thoughtful of you to take the time to dedicate this to her.

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

such a sweet card.
i love the colors you choose for her skin because chinese always are lighter. i have a hard time with finding the right combos!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

So so so sorry for your lost. What an eye-opening story of her life. A very hard life back then no doubt that many young people would never understand. It's a beautiful beautiful card.