Thursday, April 25, 2013

How Does Your Garden Grow?

 A Closer Look...
 A view of the flowers
I needed to unwind so I colored an image just for fun. I didn't try to make it fit a challenge, just played. Do you ever have  a day that you need to lose yourself in creating and leave the stress of the day behind? That was how this card was made. I used a fun Hangler image and since it will soon be time to plant my garden, I thought she was perfect for this card. I framed her with a Spellbinders die and added a red scrap piece. After digging through my flower box I found a few odds and ends to add to the flower arrangement. My sentiment is a new set from Sweet and Sassy....I love these stamps. the paper is from a pad that I have had for a bit. I will keep this card for someone special that needs some encouragement. 
I will try and find a challenge that this card fits into. 
My Song: Mamma's & Papa's
Stars shining bright above you
Night breezes seem to whisper "I love you"
Birds singing in the sycamore tree
Dream a little dream of me...
Say "nighty-night" and kiss me
Just hold me tight and tell me you'll miss me
While I'm alone and blue as can be
Dream a little dream of me...

4 comments:

Janie Printz said...

What a beauty she is Miss Patty, & so thoughtfully made. I have days every once in awhile when I need to "lose myself" & unwind. This card must have helped cuz it sure turned your creative juices flowing. Just love the whole thing.
Hugs, Janie

WJ said...

What a lovely card! I sure love your cards, they always make me smile. Hope you day was relaxing. You are in my prayers. {{{hugs}}} Wendy

Amanda R said...

I like how you did the spellbinders die behind her, that is really pretty! And I can't wait to dig in some soil that doesn't freeze my hands while I am doing it!

Dianne said...

Beautiful Pat,colored beautifully I might add,the red behind the frame was a brilliant idea, and the extras you added are a wonderful makes the card so appealing, wonderful job, thanks for sharing..