Friday, January 18, 2013

Put a Little Love In Your Heart!


Happy Friday everyone. This card is a 'just for fun' card. I wanted to post it so I could tell you of a recent experience I had on a design team. Our design team at ABC and the Paper Shelter is comprised of some of the nicest, most talented women I have ever met. Each has a unique style and a different take from mine on each challenge. I love that difference as it teaches me so much. Having said that, I was unpleasantly surprised by a few of the comments that were left on our challenge blog at ABC, this week. One was so bad it was deleted and the other remains. I am having trouble understanding what motivates people to be unkind and rude to others. I know we have all experienced unkindness in life, but I have never saw it before associated with card making. In fact, it is just the opposite. If I haven't understood how to do something I just put a question on my blog and I get help and answers from 'friends' that I haven't ever met. I love it. My team leaders on both design teams (Julie Price and Shirley Chalmers) are the absolute best, kindest and most talented people  I could ever hope to know. I have a special friend Amanda and her cards are absolutely beautiful. Even though our tastes in stamps are very different (and believe me, we do give each other a hard time), we tease each other constantly about our stamps. All of this has made me wonder about the people who have felt the need at any time to be unkind to others. So, if I have ever offended you, I apologize.   I am hoping this year to brighten the day of each person that I encounter whether in blog land or IRL. I have started leaving positive comments on at least one persons blog when I enter a challenge. I am taking time to leave each DT a positive comment about their cards. It is a small thing but maybe it will help someone to have a better day. What about you? What are you going to do to make someones day brighter? Blessings to each of you. Thank you for your kindness to me. For those who are feeling unkind. I am sorry that you are hurting and I hope your day goes better. 
My Song: Put A Little Love In Your Heart!

Think of your fellow man 
Lend him a helping hand 
Put a little love in your heart


You see it's getting late 
Oh please don't hesitate 
Put a little love in your heart


And the world will be a better place For you and me 
You just wait and see


Another day goes by 
And still the children cry 
Put a little love in you heart 
If you want the world to know 
We won't let hatred grow 
Put a little love in your heart


And the world will be a better place For you and me 
You just wait and see 
Wait and see


Take a good look around 
And if you're lookin' down 
Put a little love in your heart


I hope when you decide 
Kindness will be your guide 
Put a little love in your heart


And the world will be a better place 
And the world will be a better place 
For you and me 
You just wait and see

Put a little love in your heart !

8 comments:

Glenda said...

People can be so tacky! I had to go see that comment and I was not impressed. So I decided to check out her blog. I almost left her a tacky comment then thought better about it. Why lower myself to her level. Well I'm sorry she doesn't like Magnolia or Magnolia people...I certainly do! This one is just too cute and I love the sparkle! We have snow in East Tennessee!

Ria said...

Dear Patty don't worry about those ugly people who leave such message They are just looking green of envy ;) they are just jealous and you have to laugh hard at them and don't ever worry about why they posted such a comment!!!They just don't have a life :)
You love what you are doing and that is what is most important that by Good luck your on 2 very Sweet and super cute design teams shows others love your work as well :)
Hugss and i love this tilda ;)
Ria

Marilyn said...

Thank you for this lovely post. Sometimes we need to step back and breathe... just breathe. I'm with you, I don't get the motiviation of unkindess/nastiness, especially in this craft which is supposed to fun, relaxing and inspiring. The good thing though is that comments and sourness like the comments you have mentioned are not the norm.
On to your card... I love the way you've coloured this little gal and added all the sparkle and glitter. That is one smokin' bow... I'm bow challenged so when I see a magnificent one like this, I am in awe!

Amanda R said...

It is so sad and hard to understand why anyone feels the need to leave a negative comment. If they don't like something just move along, no need to say so. I guess we should feel sorry for them that they are that miserable they feel the need for others to be unhappy too. But I feel very wonderful today, you just brightened my day immensely by calling me your "special" friend. Of course now I am wondering what you meant by special... Haha!

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

Very well said!! Lovely card too :)

Angelique said...

In one word.......GORGEOUS!!!!
Hugggsss, Angelique

Elaine said...

A gorgeous card Patty. Love this Tilda!!

You know you can't please everyone, and as long as you love what you do then keep on doing it. Sure some folks are mean and petty but that's a failing on their part.
The old saying is very true..If you can't anything nice then don't say anything.

Big hugs
Elaine xxx

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

I think it's just so sad when people think it's OK to make others feel like rubbish or that their card is rubbish. I went to the ABC Challenge blog and read the comment and the first thing I thought was that if the lady didn't like Magnolia images, don't enter - we all have different tastes in stamps/images - that's why there is an amazing range of them out there. But to leave such a negative comment was plain and simply rude. We should build others up - not tear them down - and treat others with respect.

Your card is absolutely beautiful Patty Sue. Love all the sparkliness and the layout. I would be so proud to have your card framed and on my wall.

{{hugs}} and blessings
Jocelyn