Monday, August 20, 2018

Something new for me!

My cute kitty die!
I need to add a top rail to complete the scene!
A closer look at my stamped figure!
When I attended the Scrapbook Convention in Puyallup, Washington this year I took a class from Krazy Kreations. I must admit that this class was totally out of the box for me! I had so much fun with this class and was able to relax and just enjoy what I made. I also won a $25 gift certificate that I could spend in their booth. I bought this cute stamp and the chipboard. I had put it back for a few months and then a fellow crafter, the uber talented Nan Leonard and we decided to make up our chipboard. This is what I ended up with. All of the paper I used came from the scrap bin. I stamped my image and colored it with Copics. The kitty and the spiral staircase are die cuts. I added the post cards and the little heart. I am going to put a small paper pad on the back and give this for a Christmas present for a special friend. I am going to add a tiny top rail to my staircase to complete the look of it going around the corner! Just a fun little creation to change up what I normally do! 
I am entering this project at the following challenges: 
My Song: Downtown (Petula Clark)
When you're alone, and life is making you lonely
You can always go
Downtown
When you've got worries, all the noise and the hurry
Seems to help, I know
Downtown
Just listen to the music of the traffic in the city
Linger on the sidewalk where the neon signs are pretty
How can you lose?
The lights are much brighter there
You can forget all your troubles, forget all your cares
So go downtown, things'll be great when you're
Downtown, no finer place for sure
Downtown everything's waiting for you

7 comments:

Glenda said...

I love that you visit these shows and take classes. It keeps you thinking outside the box! Well done you!

Heather said...

Beautiful!! Your coloring is fabulous and I love the little scene you created with the dies. That little kitty is adorable!! Thanks for playing with Jo's Scrap Shack.

Wendy R. said...

Beeeeautiful!! Thank you so much for joining us Cardz4Galz xx

Debbie Mageed said...

What a wonderful card! I love the scene you made. Great coloring! Thank you for playing with my challenge at Cardz 4 Gals and hope we see your next creation with us soon.

Lise Mariann said...

Such a lovely scene. That staircase is very pretty and so are the girl. Thank you for joining us on our hunt for punched or die cut cards in this challenge.

X Lise Mariann, DT for Cardz 4 Galz

Jill V said...

What a great idea to use this as a cover page for a notebook - it will be a cherished gift for sure. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Jill

Alex said...

Beautiful card. I like the colour combination.
Thanks for playing along with us at our present challenge at Craft Rocket and good luck! Hope you will join us next month again.

Hugs
Alex

*DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives {#20 – Spotlight}
*DT* Kreativ-Tanten Challenge {#20 – Summer}
*DT* Craft Rocket Challenges {#51 – ATG}
Alex' Kreative Seite