Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Egg-stra Special Wishes!

 A closer look at the fun stamp!
 The left inside of my card.
 The  right inside of my card!
Just a quick posting this morning. I have just returned from a quick trip to Americus, Georgia. My younger brother's wife passed away and I flew there from Idaho to attend her funeral. I hated to leave my brother as he has a lot of adjustments to deal with in the coming months. Ruth Ann was his best friend and they enjoyed traveling and seeing new things together. He had just retired so they could travel more and then it was discovered she had cancer throughout her body. Cancer is such an ugly disease. It has devastated Bud and Ruth's family. Please keep them in your prayers. 
On to my card. This was a quick card I made before I left. I needed it for a friends birthday. She raises chickens and sells the eggs for extra income.  I thought this fun card would be prefect  for her. I have a new chicken wire die cut and I love how it looks. I actually cut 2 so I cover the background with the chicken wire. The stamp is a Saturated Canary stamp and it was intended for Easter. I just changed the egss to regular eggs and it changed the whole look of the stamp. I don't normally use stickers on my cards, but I was in a hurry and so I added some pretty country flower stickers stickers to add a pretty frame effect. The chicken on the inside and the sentiments are from Stampin Up!  I am entering this card at the following challenges:

My Song: Beulah Land (My SIL's Favorite)
I'm kind of homesick for a country
To which I've never been before.
No sad goodbyes will there be spoken
For time won't matter anymore.
Beulah Land, I'm longing for you
And some day on thee I'll stand.
There my home shall be eternal.
Beulah Land, sweet Beulah Land
I'm looking now across the river
Where my faith will end in sight.
There's just a few more days to labor.
Then I will take my heavenly flight.

1 comment:

Glenda said...

Adorable my friend!