Wednesday, June 22, 2016

All It Needs Is Lipstick and Rouge!


 My next card was created with two lovely stamps from our fabulous sponsor Rick St. Dennis.




When I was younger I can remember my dad saying, "All it needs is lipstick and rouge". We had just moved into a house that was old and had rough treatment by the previous owner. My dad could fix just about anything and he was meticulous with what ever he did. It wasn't long before my parents had painted and repaired the house to where it was a warm comfortable home for them, my brothers and myself. I always try to bear in mind that sometimes all we need is lipstick and rouge to brighten up something in our life. These two images from our great sponsor Rick St. Dennis reminded me of this memory from long ago. The first stamp on the front of my card is called Original Morning Goddess
She looks like many of us who crawl out of bed not quiet ready for the new day to start. Although, I will admit to wearing a ratty old robe a few times in my life, I never wore those silly bedroom slippers!  The second image on my card is Queen of Heart, just a little lipstick and rouge and she is looking fine! LOL! Well that is my story of lipstick and rouge! I hope you will join our challenge at Inspiration Destination as always it is "Anything Goes"!  
 I am Entering this card at the following challenges: 

My Song: Ruby (Kenny Rogers)
You've painted up your lips and rolled and curled your tinted hair
Ruby, are you contemplating going out somewhere?
The shadow on the wall tells me the sun is going down
Oh, Ruby,
Don't take your love to town
It wasn't me that started that old crazy Asian war
But I was proud to go and do my patriotic chore
And yes, it's true that I'm not the man I used to be
Oh, Ruby,
I still need some company

3 comments:

Glenda said...

I love your cards and I totally agree with you...sometimes our whole lives just need some lipstick and rouge! Your coloring is perfection!

Wendy Ann Batchen said...

Great card Patty, love it. xx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Both gorgeous and wonderful card's Patty
Dianne xx :)