Saturday, February 16, 2013

A Card For A Man



I have been laboring and I do mean laboring trying to make 'guy' cards. Why are they so hard for me. The minute I thing 'guy card' my brain goes in a panic and I suddenly have a total creative block. Really they shouldn't be so hard. But  this is one card I finally came up with. It is an old Stampin Up Stamp and I just basically 'swiped my Copics across the image. I did cut the fish out and pop it with some foam squares. The paper is pretty bright, but I felt it worked well with the image....even thought it might be flowers...if so they must be wild flowers. I framed the image with a Spellbinders die. ( I always use wax paper with this die as it always sticks.) I hope you enjoy my struggles. LOL....have a great Sunday! 
OK...My Song....it is really old and I remember Roy Rogers singing it.....I am dating myself!
"Don't Fence Me In"
Oh, give me land, lots of land, under starry skies above
Don't fence me in
Let me ride thru the wide-open country that I love
Don't fence me in
Let me be by myself in the evening breeze
Listen to the murmur of the cottonwood trees
Send me off forever, but I ask you please
Don't fence me in

2 comments:

Dianne said...

Well all your labor turned out brilliantly I love how you have the fish popping of the card JOB WELL DONE! thanks for sharing...

Amanda R said...

I struggle with guy cards too, have no idea what to use to embellish them but your fish is awesome! And I think the dp is perfect, it looks like dandelions to me.