Thursday, December 2, 2010

OOOOPS!


It is bad enough that I created one card that I thought was going to be for the Sugar Bowl DT challenge and then to find out I used the WRONG image, but I also created two cards! UGH....and I don't have any of the Sweet Sassy images that I was supposed to use. Note to self...do not scribble Sugar Nellie all white on a paper and think I will do something correctly! LOL! I think I will just enjoy the fact that I spent my entire afternoon creating and leave it at that! As you can see this card has lots of texture! I started off with a SU embossing folder. I can't remember the name of it, but I do love it! I then used a MS lace punch. I used my Heartfelt Creations flower dies to punch out my flowers. I then ran the flowers through another SU embossing folder to add texture to the flowers. I layered the flowers with dimensionals and added white buttons. I colored my image (which is a Sugar Nellie) with Copics. I added a little Spica pen to the center of the flowers. The challenge was to be all white except for the the image which is the only thing that can have color on it. Except for one minor detail I think I achieved that, don't you?

6 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

I think this my favorite card you've created! Super sweet image in a pristine setting! Gorgeous GF!

Linda Wescott said...

I'd wanted to do this challenge too, and found when I went back to re read it, that I was missing the essential ingredient of a sassy image. If I'd make this card though I'd be feeling pretty proud of myself, my only problem would be with forcing myself to ever part with it lol. Beautifully coloured image, and I love all your wonderfully textured elements. I'm afraid I'm going to pinch your textured flower idea, I really love how it looks. As always, inspirational. Hugs lin

Julye said...

Your card is lovely and this is one of my fav sugar nellies, perhaps she will grow up into a sassy girl.

LINDA said...

This is simply gorgeous.. Love the darling little image and the design is wonderful.. very lovely work as always..
Hugs, Linda

Amanda R said...

Very, very pretty card and image. I love the all white look, so elegant and this little girl looks so innocent and sweet sitting among all the white. Very nice texture too, keep meaning to do it, maybe this will inspire me to do so.

Anonymous said...

so adorable Patty! love all the white and you colored her up so beautifully! just precious!
Pam Going Postal