Sunday, January 29, 2017

You can still build a snowman!


I think this winter will be one we remember here in Idaho. The snow, the ice, the buildings collapsing  from the heavy weight of snow, the freezing temperatures all have made for some memories. Just as all of us who live here are sick of winter and longing for spring my great niece visited from Georgia. She had never seen snow and wanted to build a snowman the very first thing. We ended up with three snowmen in our front yard. It was a good reminder for me that we can see things as a blessing or a burden. It is our choice. 
I saw this cute digi stamp at Di's Digi. It made me smile and I think will be a fun birthday card for someone who has a birthday this winter.  I added some fun wooden snowflake buttons and added some pretty pearls in the center. I die cut my sentiment. 
I am entering this card at the following challenges:

My Song: Thank You For Being A Friend (Andrew Gold)
Thank you for being a friend
Traveled down the road and back again
Your heart is true, you're a pal and a confidant
I'm not ashamed to say
I hope it always will stay this way
My hat is off, won't you stand up and take a bow
And if you threw a party
Invited everyone you knew
You would see the biggest gift would be from me
And the card attached would say
Thank you for being a friend 

1 comment:

WJ said...

Cute card! You guys have had a tough winter. Hope spring arrives soon! Miss ya.