Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Paper Shelter Challenge Time: "Winter Sports"




I had so much fun coloring this cute, new, image from The Paper Shelter. This is "Snowboarder Girl" and it is one of the many new fun images. Remember if you use a Paper Shelter image you can win up to $30 in stamps. Each stamp comes with a jpeg, ping, outline, and background paper! How fun is that? Our challenge is "Winter Sports". 
I had one piece of this Christmas paper left from a long gone pad. I thought it would work perfect for a winter card! Some pretty snowflake buttons and a bit of glitter for some sparkle. Some liquid glass to the goggles added a fun look. The large snowflake is wooden and the "Brrrr" is several years old and glued to the button. A bit of glitter her and around the die cut heart  adds lots of bling. I fussy cut the image and then mounted her with foam dots to pop her. I think she looks like she is flying through the air!  A pretty gingham ribbon and bow finished off my card. 
Now, you can play your winter sport and join us for this fun challenge! Keep warm and enjoy your day!
I am entering this card at the following challenges:

My Song: "Wolverton Mountain" by Claude King
They say don't go on Wolverton Mountain if you're looking for a wife
Cause Clifton Clowers has a pretty young daughter
He's mighty handy with a gun and a knife
Her tender lips (Her tender lips)
Are sweeter than honey 
And Wolverton Mountain protects her there
The bears and the birds tell Clifton Clowers 
If a stranger should enter there
All of my dreams are on Wolverton Mountain 
I want his daughter for my wife
I'll take my chances and climb that mountain
Though Clifton Clowers he might take my life


7 comments:

Nannieflash said...

Good Morning Patty, before I say anything about your stunning card I must say that song is one that brings such memories back to me, we had Bing Crosby singing that and we used to sing along with it, its such fun isnt it? Wow your card is brilliant I love the brrr badge it does make it feel so cold to. hugs Shirleyxxx

Sue said...

Hi Patty Sue, I love this card. Your colouring is beautiful and your card design so wonderful with that gorgeous paper.
Sue...xxx

María Pilar said...

What a funny card! It's beautiful
Thank you for joining us at Retarte#69
Maria Pilar (Stampartpapel DT)

Doudou said...

Great coloring. Beautiful card
Thank you for joining us at Stampartpapel Retarte#69
Alexandra Dt

Anna said...

Beautiful card! Love your coloring on the image :)
Hugs Anna

applejack cards by sue said...

This is absolutely wonderful! I love your image choice and the vibrant colours and embellishments. So pretty. Thank you for sharing this with us over at A Snowflakes Promise. Sue DT

Lilibet said...

Gorgeous card! Your hair colouring is amazing!!!
Liz (:(|)x