Sunday, December 1, 2013

"Almost Christmas"



Does that title scare you? Not me, I am awaiting a few things to come in the mail and I will be all done with my shopping. Everything is wrapped except what I am waiting for! My title is also our latest challenge at "ABC CHALLENGES". It should put each of us in the mood for some Christmas cheer! I love this beautiful image from "The Paper Shelter" our lovely sponsors! Such a sweet little Christmas Fairy! I used a DP that has been in my scrap box for several years for the background of my card. I believe it and the bottom piece came from the same pad, but it has been far too long for me to remember! The cute little hearts are a die cut from Memory Box. The paper lace is a Tim Holtz die cut. I added some half pearls for some pop of color. The candy canes are buttons and the sentiment is from LOTV. A little Spica pen and white gel pen finished off this fun card. 
I am entering this card at the following challenges:

My Song:  Trisha Yearwood
The city's decorated up for Christmas
All the stores are open late tonight
People hurry through the frozen streets
I take a walk...
Every child has a thousand wishes
Every window has a thousand lights
Every soul has a need for peace
I take a walk...
There's a star that still outshines the night
You can find it if you close your eyes
And see the light
Take a walk through Bethlehem
Come and kneel before the lamb
Good news for every man
Walk through Bethlehem

3 comments:

Ruth Ann Hunter said...

My Oh My what an adorable card.....great colors and great coloring. This image is adorable. Love the song and Trisha whole Christmas CD. hugs, Ruth Ann

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Darling darling darling...sweet sweet sweet! Loving that die too!

Amanda R said...

This is very sweet and I love the use of the white pen, your shine on your candy cane is fabulous!