Saturday, December 28, 2013

A Winter Birthday Card




The Chapman household is enjoying the aftermath of Christmas and the flu. Our sweet little grandson was sick Christmas Day and now the rest of the family is dropping like flies. So, not too much happening here. I look around and see all the decorations that need to be taken down and stored away and think, 'maybe tomorrow!' Right now the couch and a warm blanket are my comfort zone. This is a card that I started before Christmas and was intended to be a Christmas card, but I will admit I have a few that I didn't get finished and so I am trying to convert them to birthday cards. I love this cute little Magnolia and the pink and green is one of my favorite color combinations. I used a Memory box die for the topper and sprinkled some glitter on it for a bit of shine. I used Spica pen on my snowflakes and then liquid pearls for the centers. I loved the effect. A LOTV sentiment circle finishes off this fun card. 
I am entering this card at the following challenges:

12 comments:

Danielle C said...

I am so thankful for your wonderful comment on my Mo Manning card and am happy I have inspired you to use the sweet image. You have made my day! Your Tilda card is adorable and such a great idea to turn them into birthday cards. I too have unfinished ones to convert, lol.
Danielle:)

Glenda said...

How cute is this and such a good idea to convert those unfinished cards. Hoping you and yours have a speedy recovery. Hugs and warm blankets coming your way!

Donalda said...

Long lost stranger here !!! Love your card hon and love those colors. Hope you are doing well

Marilyn said...

How cute! I love this colour combo and those pretty needles along the top!

designermc said...

Very sweet and I love the accent trim at the top. Thanks for joining us at HIMCR.
Nancy,DT

Anna said...

Really sweet card and great coloring!
:)
Hugs

Pysselfröken said...

Such a sweet Card! I love the colours. Great coloring too. Thanks for joining us at Tildas Town. Good luck!
Hugs Frida

Melanie Rozwood said...

This is cute. I like the snowflakes hanging from the top. Thanks for playing at HIMCR.

Eva Marie said...

So lovely card ♥
Thanks for playing at MM
xx

Joe Shien Shien said...

simply cute! lovely colors & the glitter ferns is the perfect combination. Thank you for joining us at Marvelous Magnolis.
hugs, shien shien

Joe Shien Shien said...

simply cute! lovely colors & the glitter ferns is the perfect combination. Thank you for joining us at Marvelous Magnolis.
hugs, shien shien

Joe Shien Shien said...

simply cute! lovely colors & the glitter ferns is the perfect combination. Thank you for joining us at Marvelous Magnolis.
hugs, shien shien