Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Lot's of Layers! --Paper Shelter Challenge




 
I love layers on cards. As I have stated before CAS is what is hard for me! I think it may be because I love to play with dies and punches! This is a new image from THE PAPER SHELTER called 'She's A Maniac" and I knew the minute I saw it I had to color it! The Challenge this week, just in case you haven't guessed it, is layers! That's right we want to see lots of lovely layers on your card! I am not sure dry embossing is a layer, but that is the base for my card. (Cuttlebug Music Folder). I added my next layer (which you really only get peek of) and framed them with two die cute paper laces. I popped my image, which I cut with a Spellbinder 's die and framed the image in my blue base card stock. If you notice I had the boom box project outside of the die. Some tiny pearls add additional attention to draw your eye to the darling image.
I hope you will hop on over to THE PAPER SHELTER CHALLENGE and join in this fun challenge! While you are there check out the rest of the DT's fabulous work....it is lovely!
REMEMBER YOU MUST USE A PAPER SHELTER IMAGE TO BE ELIGIBLE TO WIN THEIR FABULOUS PRIZES!
I am entering this card in the following challenges:
 
My Song: Hall & Oates
Just a steel town girl on a Saturday night
Looking for the fight of her life
In the real time world no one sees her at all
They all say she's crazy
Locking rhythms to the beat of her heart
Changing moment into light
She has danced into the danger zone
When the dancer becomes the dance
It can cut you like a knifeIf the gift becomes the fire
All the while you're stuck between
What's will and what will be
She's a maniac, maniac on the floor
And she's dancing like she never danced before!




4 comments:

Janie Printz said...

Miss Patty, this is one very cute card ... Love all the layers & that image is oh so adorable !!!
I knew as soon as I saw the post what your song would be. That used to be one of my all time favorites.
hugs, Janie

Glenda said...

Sorry to be late to comment! Love your card; the image is so cute and your coloring and shading is stunning. Also love the song! Have a good upcoming holiday weekend!

Amanda R said...

Wow does this bring back memories! Love how you colored the leggings and her shirt and those pearls are such a nice delicate touch. Very pretty!

coldwaters2 said...

Wowzer this is so beautiful Patty I really love the die cuts and layers also the wonderful sentiments and colours the image is a little beauty.
Hugs
Lorraine x