Friday, June 12, 2015

Forever Young!

 A closer look at my images!
 The inside of my card.
When I was making this card I got to thinking about siblings. I am a middle child so I had both the joy of being the younger sister and the older sister. Wedged between two brothers I often played the roll of peace maker or protector. I watch my grandsons and I see how sometimes the older brother is tired of the younger brother tagging along and sometimes he loves showing him how to do things.  These  older Tilda stamps have been gathering dust for a bit so I grabbed them as they made me think of two siblings off to fish together. I drew in a dusty path with my Copics and added some hand drawn pebbles! I die cut the mushrooms and butterflies. My flowers are from WOC and one handmade rolled rose. I added pearls to the butterflies and Spica pen for a bit of sparkle. The paper was from a little used pad but somehow worked with this "fishing" scene. 
I am entering this card at the following challenges:

My Song: Bob Dylan
May God bless and keep you always 
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others 
And let others do for you
May you build a ladder to the stars 
And climb on every rung
May you stay forever young
Forever young, forever young 
May you stay forever young.

8 comments:

Janett said...

Just lovely, I love when my stamps tell a story and yours is beautiful. Thanks for joining us a DRS designs.

Cathy P said...

Beautiful card, Patty Sue! Your coloring is gorgeous. Love all of the embellishments and the idea behind your card. Glad you dusted off these Tildas from your stash. Thanks for playing along with our "Use Your Stash" challenge at Creative Knockouts! Hugs, Cathy xx

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Love your story of siblings. I'm the youngest. Anyhow, I'm also a tomboy...having two older brothers and I love love love fishing. Love your card and thanks for the close up.

Shelia said...

What a cute card! Your images are colored perfectly and I really like those toad stools!! Super cute. Thank you for playing along with DRS Designs this week!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Patty this is totally amazing what a wonderful scene you have created for both Tilda's this is outstanding work.
hugs
lorraine x

nwilliams6 said...

Awesome coloring and images! This card is beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing it with us in the DRS Designs Challenge!

Un Arcobaleno di Colori said...

Absolutely stunning creation! Love Tilda and the colours you used! Mushrooms and butterflies are fantastic! :)
Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful project with us at Scrapbooker PhD.
Crafty hugs :)
Francesca

Julie said...

Looks like they are having fun. Such a cute card. Thanks for joining us in our summer challenge at Scrapbooker PhD
Julie T