Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Paper Shelter Challenge....Shabby Chic



If you follow my blog you will know that I struggle am creatively challenged wit 'Shabby Chic'. I love it when someone else does it, but woe is me when I have to make a Shabby Chic card. Unfortunately (for me) that is our next challenge at THE PAPER SHELTER!  This card is supposed to inspire you. LOL! Well, I gave it my best shot and I must admit I love the image I used. She is called "Victoria" and you can click on the link to go directly to the Store. I colored her with Copics and then cut the image out with a circle stitched die. I then mounted the die on a Spellbinders die cut. Pretty gold liquid pearls helped to pop the corners. I used a gold 'Frantage' around the image. (Obviously, I need to practice with this also.) Some bingo tickets, corner die cuts, rhinestone  brads, and additional liquid pearls finish of my 'shabby but maybe not so chic' card. I hope you all will join us in this challenge....I will be looking forward to learning something from each of you. Have a blessed day! 
I am entering this card in the following challenges:

My Song: Bicycle Built For Two
Daisy, Daisy,
Give me your answer do!
I'm half crazy,
All for the love of you!
It won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford a carriage
But you'll look sweet upon the seat
Of a bicycle made for two.

6 comments:

Nannieflash said...

Hi Patty, you dont need to worry about your interpretation of the Shabby Chic theme, youve done a stunning job with it, this card is just gorgeous and the way youve coloured it is beautiful. hugs Shirleyxxxxxxx

Glenda said...

Well isn't she just too adorable. Love the cute little image and it goes without saying, I love your coloring!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

You always say you struggle but I don't think you do. Many of your cards snd definitely lean toward a classic chic and sabby and savvy feel. It's beautiful!

Scrappy Scatty said...

What a beautiful card xx

Becky said...

This is fabulous Patty! I love the gold chunks around this adorable image.

Gail said...

What a fabulous card! An adorable image colored wonderfully! I love the colors you chose and the embellishments are perfect for this image. GREAT topic and this card is awesome for it. Hugs, Gail