Thursday, October 11, 2012

A Thank You for a Special Lady!



As many of you know, I retired from my job as Chief Deputy Treasurer for the county. Then about a year ago our church secretary had a series of small strokes and I filled in for her until she was able to come back to work. Unfortunately, she was never able to return to work and so I am back to work three days a week. This Sunday our church will honor her for all her years of hard work and dedication in serving the Lord. I was asked to make a card for her and I wanted it to be special. So, of course I used my favorite Krista Smith (Saturated Canary) image. I merged it with a background image to make a little scene. I have been saving this beautiful paper for something special (saving as in two years old)! Does anyone else hate to cut their beautiful paper? LOL! I used some of my lovely flowers from WOC and ribbon and a charm to add to my card. I also inserted several pages for signatures and placed scripture sentiments on each one. I hope she enjoys this card and knows how special she is to me. Have a blessed Friday!
I am entering this card at the following challenges:
My Song:
I dreamed I went to heaven
And you were there with me;
We walked upon the streets of gold
Beside the crystal sea.
We heard the angels singing
Then someone called your name.
We turned and saw a young man running
And he was smiling as he came.
And he said, "Friend you may not know me now."
And then he said, "But wait,
You used to teach my Sunday School
When I was only eight.
And every week you would say a prayer
Before the class would start.
And one day when you said that prayer,
I asked Jesus in my heart."
Thank you for giving to the Lord.
I am a life that was changed.
Thank you for giving to the Lord.
I am so glad you gave.


14 comments:

Danni said...

This is absolutely stunning! wow!! just gorgeous!

HappiExpressions-Carol said...

This is so beautiful! I am sorry your church friend is not doing well. She will love the card.

June Nelson said...

Aw hello me darin what a fantastic card, its so beutiful and I love the colours you have used, just perfect, I read that little song and it made me cry its beautiful, have a lovely friday darlin big huggies June xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Carol said...

What a gorgeous card Hun!! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog with your kind comment, it's much appreciated. Lotsa luv, hugs xxxx

Glenda said...

Such a beautiful card and I can truthfully say you will make it very special for this lady! The image is adorable and you have colored her to perfection. Also I love the pretty paper...I too hide mine away to save for special cards!

Elaine said...

What a stunning card and so pretty inside too .fabulous work well done hugs Elaine

Sara I. said...

Oh wow !! Simply gorgeous colors and roses - you've colored her so amazingly. Beautiful card and the sentiment inside pulls on my heartstrings. xx

Crafty Moni said...

Super pretty, she is going to love it! I love the colors and papers you used. I totally understand, I have a problem letting go/using up my pretty papers:) lol.

Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
Monica L

Saturated Canary 2 said...

i LOVE that song...use to sing it all the time to myself..it is so beautiful!! Still makes eyes teary.

Lovely papers, indeed!! It is a fabulous card!
Thank you for entering our challenge with such a touching and beautiful creation!!

Hugs,
krista

The Other Patti Sue said...

I am speechless.... this is way over the top gorgeous! I've missed seeing all your beautiful work! Hope to be back crafting in the very near future! {{{Hugs}}}

Marilyn said...

Wow, this is gorgeous Patty! Fab colouring and I love all those flowers and pretty papers.

Mandy said...

Patty Sue your card is absolutely gorgeous, so very pretty and I love how you've coloured Krista's gorgeous image.
Yes I am the same with cutting up papers lol.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs Mandy xx

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie this is just gorgeous, fabulopus creation thank you for joining us at SC this time, huggles Pops x x x

Vicky said...

This is sooooooooo pretty hun love these colours & papers. The sentiment inside is just gorgeous sweetie.

Thank you for joining us girlies over at Saturated Canary Challenges, hope you will join us again ;0)

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx