Thursday, September 29, 2011

"Let It Shine!"


There are so many pretty new stamps out. I don't know about the rest of you but I feel a bit overwhelmed by so many choices. I do love all the cute little angels LOTV has out. I decided to do a 'non-traditional' Christmas card. So, this is my take on non-traditional. I must admit I do like that it is different. I colored the stamped image with Copics and added Glitter to her wings and Spica pen to the stars. I used a CM circle cutter to cut out the image and frame it. I inked the edges with pink and then distressed them. I used a SU punch to punch out the stars out of gold paper and then added glitter to make them really sparkle. I added some lovely WOC roses to the large stars and as accents on the smaller stars. A little ticket sentiment and a pink gingham ribbon finished off my card!
I am entering this card at the following challenges:

The Song:
When you wish upon a star
Makes no difference who you are
Anything your heart desires
Will come to you

If your heart is in your dream
No request is too extreme
When you wish upon a star
As dreamers do

5 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

Lovin the non traditional colors! So pretty and feminine!

Janie Printz said...

Boy these meds I'm on have got me a little spacey !!! I just commented on your next card about the cool bling & looked back & it doesn't have bling & sparkle it's THIS one that does. So please forgive me as I'm not really with it. Good thing I'm not driving huh ... Must be the stuff from my IV has worked up into my brain ... I'll be more with it tomorrow !!!
So on to your gorgeous card. They just don't get any better than this. LOVE how you colored this little angel & added the sparlky stars & wings. I agree that there are too many adorable images to choose from ... Each time it's getting harder & harded to decide what to buy. I want it ALLLL !!!
Hugs, Janie

Linda said...

Beautiful!! Very lovely work as always!!
Hugs, Linda

Amanda R said...

Nails are dry now so I can type. Love this color combo too, that soft green and pink is one of my all time favorites. And I love how you used the flower in the center of the star, neat idea!

Lena Katrine said...

Great creation! Awesome colours and beautiful details! Thanks for joining our "sparkling star" challenge at WOC!
Hugs, DT Lena