Monday, January 3, 2011

Just For You on You Special Day!



I have been wanting to make a card within a card for some time. So, after coloring this cute little image up I decided to do just that. I colored my image with Copics. I wanted to keep her neutral so I didn't use much color on her. The sentiment is from LOTV. I used the sketch from Wild Orchid Challenge. I really liked this sketch and thought it was fun to use. I used a MS punch for my lace. The large flower is from the lovely Glenda Brooks (see the below postings) and the smaller mulberry roses are from Wild Orchid. The inside card sentiments are from Stamping Up.
I am entering this card at the following challenges:

9 comments:

Donalda said...

Oh you have been busy dear and this one is just gorgeous too. I love the color scheme you used dear. Just beautiful !!! Hugs

Glenda said...

Love this image and the colors you chose. Glad you were able to use one of the flowers! I have never made a card within a card. This is a great idea! Hugs to you my friend!

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

The Bildmalarna ist so cute......pretty colours......


Hugs
Judith

sallysbitz said...

Lovely image & card xx

Nannieflash said...

Hi Patty, wow love your card and how youve used the sketch, its certainly a lovely sketch to use Ive got a card to post with it tomorrow. I do love the colouring and your design, its fabulous. With love and hugs Shirleyxx

Patti said...

Love the card within a card idea! Way cool! Super dooper adorable card!

Elaine said...

Oh it certainly looks like you've been having fun Patty! I love your colour choices for this image, and I've never made a card within a card either.
Glendas flower is so pretty and it's perfect on your sweet card.

Love Elaine xx

Janie Printz said...

Beautiful card & LOVE Glenda's gorgeous flower on there. I KNEW you would use them to set off your sweet cards. A great combination ... LOVE that little image & your coloring of her.
Hugs, Janie

Amanda R said...

Oh, you are speeding up again! I do a card a week and you do two in a day! Very nice card, I like the soft colors, very feminine.