Friday, April 21, 2017

How Does Your Garden Grow?



If you haven't checked the store at The Paper Shelter lately you have missed out on some really wonderful new digi stamps. I love this cute guy as he tends his roses! This particular stamp is called "Venus Flytrap". Since breaking my shoulder I have found tending my garden a chore I can not work at like I would want. I still have such limited arm movement and can not lift that it makes doing most gardening next to impossible. I am still struggling with my coloring as I can only color for a short time (10-15) minutes. This causes me problems blending like I want. I will be glad when my shoulder heals but the Dr. said 8-12 months. It seems like such a long time.  Meanwhile, I will struggle along just doing what I can with my cards. 
I am entering this card at the following challenges:

My Song: It'll Come Back (Red Sovine)
On our little girls third birthday,
She got a sandbox, In the backyard to play.
Sand was everywhere as she play and she laughed.
I busted her, For it killed all the grass.
It'll come back, It'll come back
Daddy don't be mad, God and the rain will bring it back.
When our little girl, Just turned ten,
She got a bike to ride with all her friends.
She skinned both her knees, as she played and she laughed.
I busted her. For it killed all the grass.
It'll come back, It'll come back
Daddy don't be mad, God and the rain will bring it back.
When our little girl, Turned seventeen.
We built her a pool, In the backyard that spring.
All her friends came and they swam and they splashed.
I busted her, For it killed all the grass.
It'll come back, It'll come back
Daddy don't be mad, God and the rain will bring it back.
My wife and I sit on the porch alone.
As I look out across at my beautiful lawn
The house is quiet, There's no children at play.
And I say to my wife.
"Honey If you'll listen real close, You can still hear her say..."
It'll come back (It'll come back). It'll come back (It'll come back)
Daddy don't be mad, God and the rain will bring it back.

2 comments:

Furrbster said...

This is a really great image and you have cloured it really well, even though you are having to strugle with your shoulder. I can only imagine how difficult it must be not being able to do the things you usually would, especially at this time of year, but you do have to follow the Dr's orders otherwise it may set you back and take evn longer before you can get back at it!

Thanks for participating in our Stamp the Sentiment challenge at Aud Sentiments,

Hugz Tinz

Sandy said...

I agree, despite your health issues you have coloured this wonderful image beautifully. Love it! Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments and hope to see you again soon.
Hugs, Sandy