Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Mona Lisa





I painted wildlife pictures for several years. Oil was my medium of choice. I enjoyed this for approximately five years and then I began to notice every time I painted my throat was raspy and my eyes watered and then the sneezing and coughing started. So, I packed away my brushes, oil paints and canvases. I must admit when I saw this cute image from THE PAPER SHELTER I really thought about digging them out again. But, I think I can challenge myself with Copics. I love this pretty paper and it made me think of something this artist might paint! I added liquid glass and some dots of Stickles for a bit of sparkle. A pretty little sheer ribbon and bow finished off my card (this is my stash item as it came from my moms craft room 15 years ago. 
I am entering this card at the following challenges:
My Song: (Nat King Cole)
Mona Lisa, Mona Lisa
Men have named you
You're so like the lady with the mystic smile
Is it only cause you're lonely
They have blamed you
For that Mona Lisa strangeness in your smile
Do you smile to tempt a lover, Mona Lisa
Or is this your way to hide a broken heart
Many dreams have been brought to your doorstep
They just lie there, and they die there
Are you warm, are you real, Mona Lisa
Or just a cold and lonely, lovely work of art

1 comment:

chrissy xx said...

FABulous!
I LOve your image and these GOrgeous colourful papers.
Chrissyxx