Saturday, June 27, 2015

A Special Person Graduates!

Another look . . .

 A closer look at the image!
 The left inside of my card!
 The right inside of my card!
The is a very sweet girl who attends my Sunday School class and Church. We have become friends over the past few months and I admire her. She came from a hard family situation. She has worked at various jobs to support herself, lived on her own and graduated. She has the sweetest disposition and recently gave her heart to the Lord. I feel honored to be her friend. The night of graduation she was in tears because she was not sure her parents would attend. Thank heavens they made the choice at the last minute to come. Plus, many from her church family showed up. The smile she had on her face said it all. I hope all of us will continue to encourage her and help her grow in her walk with the Lord. I feel blessed to have known her.  I made this card in her school colors which were blue an gold. She is also a blue eyed, blond so I colored this SC image with these things in mind. A Cuttlebug embossing folder created a lovely design on the metallic gold paper. Two ribbons of blue and gold brightened up my card. I also added WOC roses and Stickles for a bit of sparkle. 
I am entering this card at the following challenges:

My Song: He's the Hand On My Shoulder (BJ Thomas)
He's the hand on my shoulder
When I need to know someone cares
He's the hand on my shoulder
Assuring me that He's always there
He's the voice in the silence
That sounds so sweet and so clear
He's the voice in the silence
Telling me that He's always near
So there's no need for me to worry
When things aren't going quite so smooth
'Cause just as long as I put my trust in Him
He will always see me through

No comments: